California Privacy Statement for Associates
RPM Living, LLC ("we," "us," or "our") is committed to protecting the privacy and personal information of our applicants and associates in accordance with applicable privacy laws, including the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and the California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA). This California Privacy Statement for Applicants and Associates ("Statement") outlines the types of personal information we collect, how we use and protect it, and your rights under California law.
1. Information We Collect:
- We may collect the following categories of personal information from our applicants and associates:
- Personal Identifiers (such as name, contact information, social security number and/or other government issued number, government identification document, employee ID number)
- Personal characteristics or traits (such as gender, date of birth, marital status, ethnicity, nationality, citizenship, veteran status, disability status)
- Biometric information (such as photographs, fingerprint, faceprint for identification)
- Professional or employment-related information (such as job title, salary, work history, references, interview notes, performance evaluations)
- Education information (such as degrees, certifications)
- Financial details (such as bank account numbers for direct deposit)
- Internet or electronic network activity information (such as IP address, browsing history, device information)
- Geolocation data (such as location-based information)
- Audio, electronic, or visual information (such as recorded calls, videos, video surveillance footage)
- Inferences are drawn from any of the above information to create a profile about an associate (such as preferences, abilities, performance, engagement)
2. Use of Personal Information:
- We may use the personal information we collect from associates for the following purposes:
- Recruitment and hiring processes
- Onboarding and training activities
- Payroll and benefits administration
- Performance management and evaluations
- Communication with associates
- Compliance with legal obligations and internal policies
- Workplace safety and security
- Employee engagement and recognition programs
- IT system and operation activities
- Security of our facilities
- Research and development purposes
3. Disclosure of Personal Information:
We may share personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers: We may engage service providers to assist with various aspects of our business operations, such as recruitment, payroll processing, benefits administration, associate engagement and training, IT operations, workplace safety and compliance. These service providers are contractually obligated to handle personal information in a manner consistent with this Statement and applicable privacy laws.
- Legal Requirements: We may disclose personal information in response to a lawful request or as required by applicable law, including to comply with a legal obligation, enforce our rights, or protect the safety and security of our associates, customers, or the public.
4. Rights of California Associates:
As an associate, you have certain rights regarding your personal information under California law. These rights may include:
- Right to Know: You have the right to request information about the categories of personal information we have collected, the sources from which we collected the information, the purposes for which we use the information, and the categories of third parties with whom we share the information.
- Right to Delete: You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information, subject to certain exceptions under the law.
- Right to Opt-Out: RPM does not sell any information. If this were to change at any point, you would have the right to opt out of the sale.
- Right to Non-Discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising your privacy rights.
To exercise your rights, please contact your Regional Human Resource Manager using the contact information provided at the end of this Statement.
5. Security and Retention:
We take reasonable measures to protect personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We retain personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Statement unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
6. Changes to this Statement:
We may update this Statement occasionally to reflect changes in our privacy practices. We will provide notice of any material changes by posting the revised Statement on our intranet or by other appropriate means.
7. Contact Us:
If you have any questions, concerns, or requests regarding this Privacy Statement or our privacy practices, please contact our HR department at: email@example.com.